Photobucket

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Black and White

I finally finished the black and white dress from my May 8th post. I ended up having to take in the waist as well. But I think it came out pretty cute. I would like to make a wide brimmed black hat to go along with it!

The Facts
Fabric: Cotton from Joann's Fabrics. $4 a yard... 6 yards ($24)
Lining- white broadcloth from Joann's scrap bin $3.
Pattern: Butterick Retro 5603 choice C
Year: c. 1956
Notions: 16" zipper and a whooooole lot of bias tape (not called for in the pattern)
Time to complete: I lost count! I put it away and came back to it. To steal a term a "UFO"
First worn: July 2nd
Wear again? Yes!


3 comments:

  1. This is super cute. You did a wonderful job on it..Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, you done good! We look to be maybe close to same in size thus you've given me a new lease on making this dress. I have the pattern but stashed it away simply purchased 'cause it's vintage style. Lately; however, I am seeing this dress done up and I'm impressed.

    Sew glad this became an anti-UFO, LOL. I pinned this onto my Pinterest. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I really must post my other creations I've made! It's a super flattering dress.

      Happy sewing!

      Delete