Saturday, December 31, 2011
While at the local antique mall I also found a phone/magazine rack for $15. I thought it looked very cute there. I figured I could put all my hair books and what not in there.
Stay tuned for the finished product of the vanity.
Thursday, December 29, 2011
- Wear more vintage in my every day endeavors. This is hard being a teacher because you get so dirty ALL the time and I need to be able to sit on the floor, tables, chairs, etc. But I will try!
- Sew more. It makes me happy. I need more happy in 2012! My goal- at least twice a week.
- Be healthier. I know, the normal resolution every woman makes. I would like to be smaller to fit into more vintage.
- Start selling my crafts! I make a mean cake-pop. Many people tell me I should sell them. I would like to start sewing swing skirts etc. for people.
I hope to reach these goals. Stupid work gets in the way. Well, not so much my job but all the STUFF that comes with it after hours.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Buttons! My mum is always on the hunt for sewing things for me. These are some of the buttons she found:
- This is the entire collection
- These are some super interesting ones. Including wood, glass, and bone buttons.
- I love the card on these buttons.
- I think these are Bakelite. (The more opaque yellow ones...maybe the green ones). I am not 100%. What do you think?
- These are the carved wood, glass, and hand carved bone buttons from Nepal.
I also have a love for hats. I have a joke amongst friends saying I am going to bring hats back into the vintage scene here in Vegas. NO ONE wears hats! Anywho- here are the super cute hats! (They are kinda hard to photograph).
I also got some other cool trinkets like a powder conatiner and a vintage pattern wheel thingy (I do not know the technical term for it). Oh, and a pair of Remix Shoes!
I had to throw in some cute shots from the weekend's festivities. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year!
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
I am now moving on to copying a simplicity retro 8879 pattern to make a muslin for my boyfriend. I am hoping to be done with the muslin by Christmas- here's to hoping. I will post pics of it when I am through.
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Anyway, between the chaos I managed to make a new Thanksgiving circle skirt I wore out to our Thanksgiving dinner! Oh it was my first project I used my new serger and sewing machine on!
Fabric: Cotton from Joann's Fabrics. $2 (it was their 50% off sale) a yard... 4 yards ($8)
Lining- None... I did wear a petticoat I purchased from mybabyjo.com
Pattern: McCalls 5811. I do widen the waist band substantially.
Year: It's a "new" pattern but lends itself perfectly to a circle skirt.
Notions: 7" ziper, hook and eye, iron interfacing for waist.
Time to complete: Under 4 hours.
First worn: Thanksgiving 2011
Wear again? Yes! I wore it to work :)