Monday, June 27, 2011

Tiki Dress Update

I learned a valuable lesson about Simplicity Retro patterns while sewing my "tiki dress". Even-though Simplicity patterns are "retro" and "vintage" they do not follow the "retro" and "vintage" sizing that the other companies use to reprint vintage patterns. I followed the measurements and cut out the correct size. But, like I do to allll the other vintage/reproduction patterns I sew I added 2 inches to the bodice and to the length because of my height. Come to find out, I did NOT need to add to the bodice at all. So now I have to figure out what to do with the dress. The zipper is already in (I didnt notice the sizing issue until the final fitting) but alas, I think I may have to take out the zipper and shorten the bodice.

Oh! I also ripped out the boning because it was not sitting correctly. I may put it back in after I fix the bodice length issue. Stay tuned for the final product (if I ever get to it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment