Photobucket

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Reborn Tiki NIghtmare Dress!

This has been the most popular dress I have made. It is a very wanted pattern, but it a serious PAIN to make! After wearing it the first time I changed some things to it. I added some of the boning back at the sides and added a hook and eye. To read the facts about the dress click here to go to the older post.

After looking at some hot Shaheens from back in the day (and gaining a little weight) I was looking for a new thing to do with the long straps at the front and this is what I came up with. I tied the straps into a knot by the bust and then made it a halter. I preferred wearing the dress this way, it felt more secure.

I also got some cute new accessories to wear with it :)
Rich got me this super cute purse in Long Beach and I picked up the bamboo bangles at a local thrift shop. Shoes are carved leather wedges. I made the hair clips :)

I hope this picture shows more clearly how I did the halter top.


No comments:

Post a Comment