Photobucket

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gold Member.... ok ok... just a Gold Dress

I made this dress back in 2010 when my sewing skills were still, um, being worked on. (I still have so much to learn, but I have come so far from learning off of YouTube). I love the material but the inside and slit of the dress was a bit of a mess. For our Christmas vacation I decided to fix it up and take the lovely dress for another spin. I love the simple lines and the little cape! I first wrote about it here.


Fabric: Christmas fabric (if you would believe it) for $1.50 a yard.
Pattern: Butterick 5032
Year: circa 1952 but it is a pattern reprint.
Changes: I remember the skirt from the waist down being VERY wide. I took it in a few inches. What lady wants their waist to look like a bubble?? On my revisit to this dress I shortened the slit. It was a bit too long for my liking.

I fixed all the seams on the revisit as well!  Sewing with this fabric taught me to always finish off your seams be it with peeking shears or serging. The first time I work it the little embroidery threads tickled the heck out of me!

I do not have any pictures with me WEARING the cape. Just fashionably over my shoulder! I wore a pair of Hollywood stilettos with the dress and my gold confetti Lucite purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment