Photobucket

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mens Suit

I am making the simplicity retro 8879



This is my first mans anything and I am about ready to give up on it. The instructions on how to make the double lapel are dismal and the ease stitching matching is horrible in it. It looks like a gathered sleeve more so than a mans suit.

I have already invested so much time on this project and want it to just be done with. I am in the muslin stage and I am thinking I do not even want to cut the suit fabric.

Any little bit will help. OH! And the sizing is ridiculous. Any help on sizing a mans suit would be great because apparently you can't just go off the mans actual measurements.

I hate, no loath, how the left side looks. This is on my female double so ignore the chest lol The odd lapels. I drew on the suit where I think it should cut in on the collar

The horrible left sleeve "gathers" and another lapel shot...




No comments:

Post a Comment