Photobucket

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Skirt

I have not posted on here in forever. The reason? I went back to work. Back to working until 9 at night starting from 6am.. blah blah. I just keep thinking, "Christmas is coming!" I would like to do a muslin of a vintage vogue dress and a suit for Rich. PLUS I would like to make a skirt using this super cute Santa scooter material I got.

Anyway, between the chaos I managed to make a new Thanksgiving circle skirt I wore out to our Thanksgiving dinner! Oh it was my first project I used my new serger and sewing machine on!

The Facts
Fabric: Cotton from Joann's Fabrics. $2 (it was their 50% off sale) a yard... 4 yards ($8)
Lining- None... I did wear a petticoat I purchased from mybabyjo.com
Pattern: McCalls 5811. I do widen the waist band substantially.
Year: It's a "new" pattern but lends itself perfectly to a circle skirt.
Notions: 7" ziper, hook and eye, iron interfacing for waist.
Time to complete: Under 4 hours.
First worn: Thanksgiving 2011
Wear again? Yes! I wore it to work :)

2 comments: