Photobucket

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Spoils

I love Christmas. I adore seeing my family and finding the perfect gift for them all! This year my Dad got a gun, my got a Kindle, my sister chair rail and help to install it, my babe- a record player, vintage cufflinks/tie tack, a few sweaters, fun stuff for our fish tank, and a dead stock jacket. My aunt- gift certificates to our favorite thrifting shop! (She is the one who got me into thrifting! The world has never been the same). Rich and I got our traditional Viva Las Vegas Tickets and I got some super fun stuff! I got so much stuff it's amazing. I pulled the vintage gifts because those are the most fun to look at!

Buttons! My mum is always on the hunt for sewing things for me. These are some of the buttons she found:
  1. This is the entire collection

  2. These are some super interesting ones. Including wood, glass, and bone buttons.


  3. I love the card on these buttons.

  4. I think these are Bakelite. (The more opaque yellow ones...maybe the green ones). I am not 100%. What do you think?

  5. These are the carved wood, glass, and hand carved bone buttons from Nepal.



I also have a love for hats. I have a joke amongst friends saying I am going to bring hats back into the vintage scene here in Vegas. NO ONE wears hats! Anywho- here are the super cute hats! (They are kinda hard to photograph).


I also got some other cool trinkets like a powder conatiner and a vintage pattern wheel thingy (I do not know the technical term for it). Oh, and a pair of Remix Shoes!


I had to throw in some cute shots from the weekend's festivities. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year!

  1. Rich shooting...


  2. My sis and I visiting Santa...


  3. The doggies visiting Santa ...


  4. Our tree....


1 comment:

  1. what a fun Christmas.. I loved all the buttons. Look forward to seeing what you sew with them.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete