Photobucket

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Horsehair Braid Hem Tutorial

I have seen mention of horsehair braid in various vintage sewing books and patterns, and always shied away from using it as the instructions on how to apply the braid were so confusing. While perusing Gertie's blog I found her awesome tutorial on how to use this braid. Now I am just thinking of what project I should try it out with. (Maybe the Simplicity pattern I am currently working on). I figured I would share the blog post to her page (plus it is a way for me to save it for later)!


 Here is the link to the tutorial: http://www.blogforbettersewing.com/2010/06/magic-of-horsehair-braid-little.html




Check out how she applied it to the RIGHT side of the fabric....


This is the picture of the completed project using the horsehair braid for the hem:




The link to the completed project that she used the horsehair braid is here: http://www.blogforbettersewing.com/2010/06/twirl.html 

Have you used horsehair braid for a hem before? Any tips and tricks to use it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment