Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Another Old Project

I made this for VLV 12- I used a heavy cotton blend. I used a Halloween pattern and shortened it to give it the real "look" of the mid 50s. I wish I would have used a heavier interfacing for the waist band. The stiffness was for a Halloween costume, not a skirt to dance in. The cincher belt helped the waist rolling. I used bias tape to hem the bottom to give it a little more weight for the dancing. Total cost (including top/excluding petticoats $13)

The pattern Butterick B4114:


The skirt: (Not the best picture. I found the top at my local thrift shop!)

No comments:

Post a Comment